I've been seriously MIA - so much so, that I'm not sure if anyone is reading this anymore! How sad!! We've just been so busy getting ready for the baby - plus the third trimester exhaustion has kicked in, and I'm constantly tired (actually, tired doesn't even begin to describe it). It's like a go to sleep at night, wake up, and feel like I didn't sleep at all... even though I slept 8 or 9 hours.
Well we hit the 27 week mark this Tuesday, which officially puts us in the third trimester!! Time is going by so fast - I can't believe it! It's so exciting to think that just a few more months and our little Sabrina will be here.
At 26 weeks (the 18th), we had another appointment with Dr. Matsuda, where I had to take the dreaded glucose test. They give you this orange drink, which really just looks like a can of orange soda, and you have to drink it in 5 minutes. One hour later, they draw your blood to test your glucose levels and determine if you could potentially have gestational diabetes, which could lead to complications during birth (potentially pre-term labor, and higher birth weight babies). Everyone complains that the drink tastes horrible - I actually liked it. It tasted just like orange soda. I RARELY drink soda though, so it made me very tired.
We met with Dr. Matsuda while we waited for the one hour to pass. No ultrasound for us - but he measured my belly to determine if the baby was on target growth-wise (which she is), listened to her heartbeat (which was right on) and asked me how I was doing... just the normal stuff. My blood pressure was great - 108 / 67. Two days later, we got the results of the glucose test back - Dr. Matsuda called me himself to tell me the results, which made me worry that something may be wrong (and that I may have to take the 3 hour glucose test...)
It turns out, he said that everything looked right on target! My glucose level was 99, and he said they like to make sure it's under 140. My blood count was "excellent", my hemoglobin was 12.3 (they like for it to be from 11.5 to just above 12), and he said my iron was good too. Whew!! That's a load off!
That night we had our first childbirth education class. We had actually audited a class back in January to determine if this is the method we want to go with, so it was just a repeat of what we had already seen. This past Tuesday, though, was the first "new" class for us. It's definitely a LOT of information, but it makes me feel so much better to know that we're educating ourselves so that we can make the best decisions during labor to benefit the baby.
We've been trying to work on the baby's room too.... her changing table station came in. However, Pottery Barn didn't tell me that they assemble it for you when they drop it off, so we didn't have the space ready for them to assemble it. The guy told me it was really easy, so we should have no problems (we've assembled most of the furniture in our house by ourselves anyway, so I figured we'd be okay). Well, once we had the space ready, I figured I'd call Pottery Barn to see if they would send someone out to assemble it since they didn't tell me that in the beginning, but unfortunately, they refused.... so Gerald and I got to work.
Well unfortunately, it was not as easy as they made it sound. These teeny tiny screws are supposed to bind these big pieces of furniture together, but of course that didn't work - our biggest fear though was that this shelf that runs across the top of the unit and right above the changing station would come crashing down on the baby when I'm changing her diaper. So I called PBK and told them that - and wouldn't you know, they're sending a "furniture medic" out! So hopefully the station will be assembled when they're finished.
Our crib also came in - but since the changing station isn't ready yet, we can't assemble the crib.... boo hoo! We also got Sabrina's car seat... I can't wait to see her in it!
Our shower is in just a few weeks! I'm soooo excited!! I can't wait to get to see everyone... crazy that we're in that final stretch.
P.S. - For those that asked for the email on what people don't tell you about pregnancy, I promise I'm working on it.... will have it done shortly!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment