I can't believe it's going to be Halloween. I also can't believe that in a matter of 9 weeks, we'll be in a new decade. How did that happen?
Speaking of new decades... my birthday is two days before the new year, and this year marks the big one. 3-0. Scary. It's kind of a nervous excitement for me. You see, for all of my life, I've always been the young one. I was the only child and raised around adults... young one. I skipped my junior year of high school and graduated a year early... young one. Went to college - young one in class. Got a job - young one. Ran in a pageant (that's another Oprah) - young one by about four years. Married my 32 year old hubby when I was 23... youngest of my friends to be married. Had a baby at 27... I'm sure you get the picture. Now I'm going to be 30. It's slowly hitting me that I'm not the young one anymore. There are dresses that I can no longer wear because I'll be "in my thirties". I'll become that classification of women who you see in the magazines where they say "oh this sexy dress is great for a woman in her 20's... and this argyle sweater is perfect for the mature woman in her 30's." Okay so maybe that's a little overboard, but you get where I'm going.
Life is changing. Now I'm slowly realizing that I want to be the fun mom who makes the cute arts and crafts gifts for her daughter's classroom friends. I want to be the happy homemaker who helps to make the house a home - furnishing it, decorating it, providing yummy dinners, and so on.
Seriously - what corner did I turn to become this person? Let me tell you - I am NOT crafty by any means. I'm the type of person who would much rather spend the extra money to buy the completed project than go to Michael's to buy the supplies and do it myself. But somewhere along the way, I've been bitten by the bug.
In the last few weeks, I've created a long list of things I want to do for our new house (painting each room being the number 1 priority). Maybe I'll be able to do it all, maybe I won't.... but we'll soon see how it goes. It may be a total failure, but I guess we'll never know until we try. On to Project #1 (which, thankfully, has been completed by our wonderful handyman, Julio.
No comments:
Post a Comment