Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family

Thursday, January 31, 2008

19 Week Update :)

Things have been going well so far. We did have a little scare today that led us to believe that my water may have broken, but the doctor said that he highly doubts that that is what it is and that I just need to monitor it to make sure it doesn't occur again - if it does, I need to go back into the office to get checked.

On Friday the 25th we went to go see our friend Sean who's an ultrasound tech to see if we could get a more positive answer on the sex of the baby. After looking for about 20 minutes, Sean said it's still kind of hard to be 100% sure, but he's about 90% sure it's a girl!!! He said if it were his baby, he would buy pink. :) He'd be completely surprised if the baby turned out to be a boy.

So I took all the boy gifts off my registry and made it all girl gifts!

On Tuesday the 29th (right at 19 weeks), the baby started kicking something fierce!! Not just the little taps and flutters I've usually been feeling - but STRONG kicks!! I was lucky to have my hand on my belly when she did it once... it took me by surprise!! It's happened a couple more times and actually takes my breath away because I don't expect it... but I love that feeling! It kind of feels like if you were to put your tongue against the inside of your cheek and then flick your cheek with your finger... that's how it feels! Even as I'm typing this now she's actively moving and kicking (I think it's because I just ate lunch).

I took another belly pic... I think I'm still pretty small for almost being 5 months. Part of me wants to get to the point where people will be able to tell I'm pregnant - but then again I don't want to get too big!



We went to the house of the fiance of a girl from my Nisei Week court, Akiko, this past Saturday - Gerald competed in the chili cookoff contest. I really liked Gerald's chili, but it was different than most people are used to - it is more of a sweet chili (probably why I like it!). Gerald came in last, but he got a little statue for last place! I thought it was cute... :)

I forgot to mention - around 17 weeks I noticed my belly button started changing. Most pregnant women's belly button completely pops out because the baby takes up that space... mine is moving outward, but hasn't come close to popping out yet. I just thought it was cool that I could see the difference as it meant the baby is getting bigger!

Just another milestone... :)

No comments: