We were supposed to be able to find out the sex of the baby at this appointment, but unfortunately the umbilical cord was in the way... BUT the doctor was leaning towards............
A GIRL!!!!

I swear I could tell it was a girl before the doctor said anything! It's amazing how much we could see in the ultrasound - we could see her little hands and fingers, legs, spine... it was awesome! She loves to sit with her legs STRAIGHT out, and kick me constantly - which is why I can feel her all the time! She even waived a little bit to us... and I think I could see her sucking her thumb! There was a point where she looked like she was blowing little kisses.... and I think she has Gerald's lips!
Although we'd be happy either way, I have to admit I was hoping for a girl. I know Gerald's parents were excited when our first doctor told us it was probably a boy since there are very few boys in the Wong family... hopefully this won't disappoint them too much. My dad was hoping for a girl, so if this turns out to be true I know he'll be ecstatic!
I almost finished our baby registry, except for the clothes and bedding... I want to wait until we get firm confirmation of the baby being a girl. :) Our friend, Sean, is an ultrasound tech and he's going to try to take a look next Friday to see if he can give us confirmation.
We went to Shiro's for dinner this week, and our friend (who manages the restaurant) said she could tell my face has changed a little bit - and therefore she thinks the baby is a girl!
My belly is a little more prominent, but I think people would still have trouble figuring out if I'm just over-carbed or pregnant. I have noticed that I get tired very easily.
I also found out that my boss and his wife are pregnant with their second baby! It will be kind of cool for our kids to be so close in age (she's due September 11th).
I talked to my boss this week, too, about whether he thought he would need me to move into a real office anytime soon. He told me that it will totally be my call, and if I want to continue working from home (even if our company grows and I have a staff to manage) then that's completely fine. I was so excited to hear this since it means that I won't have to worry about childcare (well, at least not in the very near future). :) So my boss had me install a company phone line in my home office to make it easier. We also moved our old printer and heavy-duty fax machine into my home office so I could be more productive!
No comments:
Post a Comment