But my cousin, Carrie, and her husband and three children were coming from Seattle and were going to have dinner at our house. Since Gerald is the cook, he made dinner (hamburger sliders and hot dogs) and it was my responsibility to make dessert. I wanted to do something fun for the kids but still not the "boxed cake with frosting on top" look.
In my quest to be more "domesticated", I've started reading cooking magazines. I came across this cute recipe in Food Network magazine:

The recipe can be found here.
This recipe was super easy, and came out so cute!! Check out my version of the cake below:

The only thing is I had a lot of leftover chocolate cake that was crumbled to make the meatballs, and lots of extra "noodle" frosting... wish I had another event this weekend so I could utilize the leftovers and make another one.
This recipe is definitely going in the "keeper" file!
No comments:
Post a Comment