Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family

Friday, October 19, 2007

Doctor's Appointment & Telling G's Parents!! - 4 Weeks, 3 Days

Today, Gerald had to mark a golf course so he left the house at 5:45, and unfortunately, I could not fall back asleep. I did get 7 hours of sleep though! :)

I had to wake up at 3:30 AM though for a little bathroom run – gotta love pregnancy!

I went to Dr. Wang’s today. First they weighed me in and then they had me do a urine test to confirm the pregnancy. Five minutes later, the results were back – POSITIVE!! I was in an exam room, waiting for a scan. When the doctor came in, she said she didn’t think a scan was necessary since she didn’t think she would see anything… however, she found our little dot :) - she said it looks really healthy since the placenta is very thick.

They than had me get blood drawn to check my HcG levels – I should have those back by noon.

The doctor prescribed me prenatal vitamins, folic acid, and iron pills – need to pick those up today.

She wasn’t too thrilled that I was taking a plane trip tomorrow as she didn’t want me exposed to the radiation, but since it was only a 45 minute flight, she thinks I’ll be okay. She would prefer if I drove, but I can’t drive both ways… I will be driving back though.

We’ll be going back in for our first ultrasound on November 2nd at 7 AM! :)

The nurse predicted our due date as June 24, 2008.

4:00 PM – they are still running some hormone tests, but everything looks really good. HCG level is at 672.

The doctor called on my drive home from work and said the other hormone tests turned out really well – and she doesn’t need to prescribe me any more supplements.

We had dinner with Gerald’s parent’s so we could tell them the good news. Gerald’s mom had recently had surgery on her lip to remove skin cancer, and Gerald’s dad is due to go in for surgery in a week and a half (on Halloween) to remove a blocked artery in his neck. We gave them a gift telling them it was a “feel better” gift. Gerald’s dad started opening it – he looked at it and smiled, not really realizing what it was. Once he saw that it was a baby’s onesie, he and Gerald’s mom both screamed really louudly together – “Oh my gosh!!” and hugged us. Gerald’s mom said, “We didn’t want to ask you when you were going to start a family because we knew you would tell us when the time was right.” It was such a great moment – I wish we had taped it.

No comments: