Everywhere you read, you will find that the best time to travel during pregnancy is during the second trimester. At my first prenatal appointment, I asked my doctor if it would be okay for me to travel to Vegas to visit my family - it turns out, she did not want me to take any plane trips for fear of exposure to radiation. After doing some research, it looked like the short plane trip should be okay. Well, although only a 45 minute flight – I almost lost everything on the flight. It was extremely windy outside, and I was COMPLETELY nauseous. I thought for sure I was going to throw up. To add to it, the plane was completely booked. The poor lady next to me must have felt she got the short end of the stick having to sit next to this nauseous young girl.
I met my mom at the gate, and after getting my suitcase, we went back to the house to drop everything off. She kept asking me if we wanted to go to Bingo at the casino – or to eat at this restaurant (in a casino), or to eat certain food that, unbeknownst to her, I couldn’t eat (while pregnant). I had wanted to tell both of my parents together that Gerald and I were pregnant, but we were unable to get a hold of my dad, so I figured I’d better tell my mom now so she doesn’t think I was just being anti-social.
I handed her the gift bag – she opened it up, and saw the baby’s clothes that said “What happens at Grandma’s house, stays at Grandma’s house” and looked at me and said “Oh my gosh Lauren… are you pregnant?!?” She was very happy.
We went to lunch and after lunch went to Pottery Barn kids to look at cribs… then we went to go see my dad and give him the good news.
I gave him his gift bag with baby’s clothes that had directional signs, one of which pointed in a direction and said “Grandpa’s House”. I told him, “You’re going to be a Grandpa” and he said “Are you serious? You have no idea how happy this makes me.”
We then took Dad with us on a trip to the bookstore so I could buy some pregnancy books. While in the parking lot about to go home, Auntie Sachi called mom so I told her that my mom was going to be a Grandma!!
Afterwards, we took him back to the home and I went home to take a nap. We picked him back up around 6 for dinner at Mimi’s CafĂ©. I broke out in hives at dinner – just a small patch on my inner arm…
No comments:
Post a Comment