Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family

Friday, November 16, 2007

Heard the Heartbeat!! 8 weeks, 3 days

We had our follow up appointment today since next week is Thanksgiving. Dr. Wang said the baby looks good, but that the placenta needed to develop a little "stronger" and therefore ordered me to go on a non-strict bedrest. People get really concerned when I tell them that, but really she was afraid that I was overdoing it and not resting enough, so this was her way to make sure that I rest more.

We also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! I actually got teary-eyed... it was such an amazing feeling to get to hear your child's heartbeat for the first time (it's kind of weird referring to the baby as "my child"... have to get used to that!) Once you hear the heartbeat, supposedly your pregnancy risks lower by 50%... so we were definitely glad to get to hear the heartbeat today!

No comments: