Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family

Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011 - 26 weeks!






























Wow - how time flies! I can't believe we're just two weeks away from the third trimester. Last week (Tuesday, 8/9/11) at 25w1d I had another checkup and ultrasound, along with the the wonderful Gestational Diabetes test. I found out today that everything looks good and my glucose was 109 and my iron looked good, so nothing to worry about! The baby was measuring right on target. Granted, the last two appointments I've gained 8 lbs and 6 pounds, but I guess since I lost weight in the first trimester that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Saturday, August 6th (24w5d), was a rough day for us. We went to Gerald's cousin's funeral beginning at 12:30 PM. Kristen was my age when she passed away suddenly. It was a beautiful, but very emotional service. Gerald's cousin Judy gave a beautiful eulogy as did her son, Scott, who - along with being cousins with Kristen - was also best friends with her. I had to sing two songs and barely made it through the first as I was fighting back tears after listening to Scott's eulogy.

Around 2:30, I called my OB/GYN as I was concerned my water may have broken. He told me to monitor it and gave me some instructions, and said he would call me back in two hours to follow up.

After the service was the burial, and around 4 PM was the dinner reception for family and friends. Sure enough, at 4:30 my OB/GYN called me to see how I was doing - after updating him, he told me I needed to go to Labor & Delivery immediately. So unfortunately, Gerald and I had to leave the dinner reception early and head straight to the hospital.

They ran all kinds of tests on me (FFN, GBS, CBC) and luckily everything looked fine. My water hadn't broken, however, they had me on a fetal monitor and I was having one contraction after the other. It turns out I was having what they call "uterine irritability" as a result of being dehydrated and stressed. My OB said he would go ahead and release me as long as I promised to take it easy. I did... however I did fail to mention I had a gig that night that I was late for.

After 3 hours in the hospital, we were discharged and I booked it over to my gig which was luckily only 10 minutes away. I was supposed to be there at 6 PM for sound check and we were supposed to take the stage at 8 PM. I walked in at 8:01 PM, with hospital bed hair, in the clothes I wore to the funeral, and walked on stage and we began. I made it by the skin of my teeth! After the gig was over though, I've been trying not to push myself quite as hard as I have been. I'm still having contractions, but I think they're less frequent so hopefully everything's okay. :)

No comments: